2018 CANNP Research Grant Application
The Carolinas Association of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners (CANNP) offer one grant award each year, in the amount of 1,000, to qualified CANNP members. Active CANNP members two or more consecutive years of uninterrupted membership are invited submit a Letter of Intent and compete for this annual award. The research grant award is intended to promote and support scientific research with scholarly dissemination of findings by CANNP members.
Applicants should submit a Letter of Intent addressed to CANNP summarizing the proposed program. Letter of intent should be emailed to Kathy Connelly CANNP Vice President, email@example.com. The subject of the email should read:“2017 CANNP Research Grant Funding Request”.
Letters of Intent should be no more than 4 pages and must include the following:
1. Name of the study, amount of requested funds, timeline of the study, PI(s) who will be running the study including their positions/titles/institutions, and a 100-200 word overview describing the objective.
2. List of specific aim or aims to be evaluated during the study.
3. The relevance to the CANNP mission
4. Amount of funding requested, including a basic budget allocation. Funds must directly support the project described.
5. The hypothesis or hypotheses to be tested.
6. Preliminary data.
7. A statement of the methods.
8. A plan for evaluating the results.
9. Current financial support: list the current financial support. If there are no other grants, state“NONE.”
10. A completion date for data collection, per the institution’s IRB approved timeline
11. A plan for dissemination of the results.
Letters of intent must be received by August 1, 2017 to be considered for review by the CANNP Board. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Awards are announced annually, during the month of September. Current CANNP Board Members are not eligible to apply for grant monies.
CANNP members who receive a research grant award are required to:
Attend the April 2018 CANNP conference in its entirety
Present a poster OR podium presentation specific to member’s research study at the 2018 CANNP conference
Submit an article updating CANNP members of the research study to the summer 2018 CANNP newsletter.
Provide budget analysis to CANNP Board on/about the date whereby data collection is completed. All funds must directly pertain to research project. Unused funds are to be returned to CANNP and will be used with a future research grant award.